Thursday, February 26, 2009

So long for now...


Well, my ministry to S.A. has come to an end, so to speak. My heart will always be with the people and children of South Africa and I will forever pray for the restoration of that country.

As I sit and reflect on this past year, my heart is filled with both joy and sadness. I rejoice that God has chosen to use me to be His servant, in bringing His Word of life to a few. I am also joyful because God has given me a greater vision of Himself, in pursuit of Him and His delights. As I rejoice my heart is also filled with sorrow. I really miss S.A. I miss the children and I miss the relationships that God has graciously given to me this past year. I am even more sad because of the overwhelming despair that a place can bring. The poverty, the sickness, the crime and the despair was at times burdensome. However, in all of these difficulties, I was reminded that God is the God of hope and He says that we are to fix our eyes on Him, and trust that His plans for the nations will be accomplished.


I have learned that this life is not our own, we were truly bought with the price of Christ blood, therefore we are called to honor Him in all that we think, say and do. This is so much simplier for me to write, but so much more difficult for me to live out. But what a joy that God takes our hands and leads us through this process!!! This life is so much bigger than we are, God's purposes goes beyond my temporary life and spread to all generations. I only hope and pray that as He sees fit that He would always lead and guide me in the way that He knows I will best bring praise and glory to His name.


Thank you so very much for following me on this short journey, please do continue to pray for S.A and if you want to keep up with Lambano, which I strongly encourage, you can check out their blog at lambano.blogspot.com


Please remember to love justice and mercy, remember to love the orphans, widows and aliens of this world. Our lives are so temporary, and only what we do for Christ shall last - so let us press on to know Him and excel in our love for others.


"...Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?

Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' "

(Isaiah 58:6-9)


"For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of the both the dead and the living." (Romans 14:7-9)


Thank you for all your prayers and support!

Love in Christ,

~Keisha

1 comment:

Shaunta' said...

ke, you know i'm lovin' your shot out to rom. 14:7-9!