Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Lord is our shield!

Sometime after 4 this morning I was awakened by our alarm. Half asleep I looked out the window to see what was going on. I saw a man in the yard walking with a flashlight. I found out later that this man was the area security guard. Anyways, at some time in the a.m. two tootsies (thieves) broke into our yard. Our yard has a gate and is quite secured but as I am learning, a motivated crook will find a way to get what he wants. The house mother said there were two men who rang the gate bell repeatedly. After a few seconds of ringing the bell they both jumped over the gate and sat down with the objective of stealing the gates motor. The motor controls the electricity and the alarm among other things. Once the wires were cut a sensory was sent to the alarm company who then phoned (called) the house to see if we were OK. The mama of the house told the security men what happened and they were immediately to our aid. Thank God! Whether or not the motives of the two tootsies were to attempt breaking into the house is uncertain. But they did take the motor which is worth about 2000 Rand, about $285, not to mention they gave us a bit of a scare.

Each night I make it my goal to pray with the children. We often pray for the Lord to keep us safe each night. Having this occurrence really helps me to see how God is faithful in answering our prayers. There are many Scriptures that talks about sleep.

“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety” (Psalms 4:8).

“The day is yours, and yours also the night; you established the sun and moon” (Psalms 74:16)

“On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me” (Psalms 63: 6-8)

When the terror of the night comes, it is Scriptures like these that allow me to rest in the Word of God. He is my shield, nothing can happen to me or the children that He does not allow. “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart” (Psalms 91:4)
In addition to praying for our safety here, my prayer is that I will not cling to anything or anyone in this world so much so that heaven isn’t my hearts longing. If I truly desire heaven I will not live in fear of death. Because when I die I will behold Christ face to face. There is therefore no tragedy in death, only victory!

2 comments:

These Three Kings said...

oh , sweet Keisha.. I am praying for you and the little ones.. I am so in love with our savior even more when I hear how His word when used as HE says, does just as He promised!! PRAISE HIM!!

What a God we serve!
Lam 3

Anonymous said...

Keisha,
Your last statment made me thing about our verse in Romans 14...you know the one!!! Glad to hear that God is bringing His word to your heart so that you can trust in Him...even in scary times. He is good!!!
Love you.