Monday, September 29, 2008

A child goes home to be with her Maker!

On Sunday morning at around 10am one of our babies went home to be with the Lord. This sweet little girl died at 13months. She had TB meningitis on the brain. I had the opportunity to go to the doctor with this little girl a few times. She made slow progress, but during her last days it was clear that her health was deteriorating. Lyn is one of the founders and the executive director. She is also the medical person of Lambano. She is an amazing lady and her love for the children here is evident. She was with the baby until her last breath.

Death is such a common thing here and elsewhere, of course. Within the past 2years I have experienced more deaths of loved ones than ever before. Last night I was thinking about the fact that life is so very temporary. Everything we have is a gift from God and He has all authority and liberty to take away what He has entrusted to us. As I was thinking about this heart throbbing truth, I became quite melancholy. But, I recalled and pondered on the certainties that we do have in this life, especially as Christians. I was reminded that although this life is brief and in constant transition, one thing that does not change is the character of God. He is the only one who will not be taken away from us. He has sealed us with the Holy Spirit and we are forever His. Nothing can separate us from God, not even death. (Romans 8:38) Our parents will die, our children will die, our brothers and sisters will die, our friends will die and we will die. Death is inevitable! But, praise God that for the believer, “death has no sting and the grave has no victory.” (1st Corinthians 15: 54-55) I am clinging to these truths and I am rejoicing in the only relationship that will not be extinguished. My prayer for you and I is that in light of the surpassing greatness of God, we will wholeheartedly live not for ourselves but for the One who died!

“When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” (1st Corinthians 15:54-55)

“The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” (Job 1: 21



Baby with mother a few
days before her death

2 comments:

These Three Kings said...

oh wow.. Keisha!
PRAISE THE LORD! This life does not belong to me, nor the things in it!
What a precious reminder that ALL that we have belongs to OUR HEAVENLY KING!

if you dont mind I am posting a link to this from my blog!
I love you..

oh, Jesus..... I cant wait to see HIM face to face

For His Glory! said...

The Lord has given you quite a talent with your writing skills. Thanks for sharing. I am praying for you.

I can't wait either!