Monday, May 19, 2008

The most challenging day yet!

Sunday morning was destined for trials. For the past couple of days, I have had the most throbbing pain in my neck. As I was getting ready for church, I pulled a muscle in my neck and was unable to function normally. So, I stayed home from church, unable to move. At around 2pm, one of the founders of Lambano told us that one of the lad ies that worked with us, just had about 10 people shot dead in her neighborhood. Curious, I asked why and what happened? Turns out that there is a group of South Africans who are going aroung killing foreigners. Zimbabwe is one of our neighboring countries, and if you have been following the news, there's been a surplus of injustice in Zim. As a result, we have a number of Zimbabweans who are coming into S. Africa without papers. Although I have heard many different reasons as to why this tragedy has occured, many believe that some native S. Africans are upset that their jobs are being taken away. Whatever the reason, we know that there are no justifiable reason to kill anyone. This group has targeted man, woman and children alike. The youngest child that has been killed was only a couple months old. Concerning our safety, I think that we will be fine. But, please pray! We are not certain what areas these people are targeting. The total body count is 42.

On top of all the tragedies that are occuring, this morning as I came into the office, I was told that one of our babies (pictured right) passed away a little after 1 last night. As my mom use to say, "when it rains it pours." We are all emotional now, so many things are happening here. But through it all we can still smile and find reasons to be hopeful. I know that God has given me a rest for my soul during this time. I pray that with everything that's going on we will be lights for the glory of God. Please be fervent in praying along with us.

2 comments:

These Three Kings said...

"You yourselves know how I lived among you all the time from the first day that I set foot in Asia, serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials which befell me through the plots of the Jews; how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you in public and from house to house, testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance to God and of faith in our Lord Jesus -Acts 20

we have seen that serving the Lord means three things. It means humility, tears, and trials. And I want to call you to serve the Lord in these ways in your particular sphere.

HUMILITY: Be utterly yielded to the Lord. Be submissive to his absolute rights to control your life. Be willing clay in the Potter's hands. And be a debtor to all people. Don't dwell on what people owe you. Think about how the grace of God makes you a debtor to all.
TEARS: If you are shedding them, be comforted. You are in good company with Paul. And if you are not, perhaps you should look for someone who needs you. Or perhaps pray that God would help you see what is at stake in the battle for faith and hope and holiness.
TRIALS: If you are being tried, then hear the word of James: "Count it all joy, brothers, when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."



THank you sister for such an encouraging example of this verse...WE are praying and we love you so dearly..
Let the promise that joy comes with the morning (Psalm 30:5) sustain and shape your grief with the power and goodness of God.

Nicole

Shaunta' said...

Keisha,
I am so saddened to hear about all that is going on. You know I have to encourage you with the words of 1 Pet. 1- In this (our heavenly inheritance) you greatly rejoice even though now for a little while if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the prrof of your faith being of more worth than gold even though tested by fire may be found to result in praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ. What a joy it will be when we see Him!
We are praying for you.
Love you much,
Tay (for ALL the Chambers)